Welcome to beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia. Kelowna lies in the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley, the largest city on Okanagan Lake. Urban and rural; nature and culture; playtime and downtime: Kelowna isn’t just one destination. It’s a whole bunch of them, located in one uniquely beautiful place. We are excited to be hosting the 2019 Slo-Pitch National Championships from August 1 – 5.
The Kelowna Adult Softball Association (KASA) is proud to be holding another exciting "Nationals" weekend in beautiful Kelowna, BC. We are confident that we will once again apply our proven track record to what will be one of the best ever "Nationals" tournament.
Kelowna is one of the favorite vacation destinations in all of Western Canada and our venue, Mission Sportsfields, is one of the premier sports facilities in British Columbia. KASA, in partnership with the City of Kelowna, continues to maintain and improve our beautiful complex to hold such prestigious events. Our venue is fully lit with an on-site beverage garden, concession and washroom/change rooms.
Kelowna offers a variety of fun activities for the week prior to the tournament which may include wine tasting tours, golf excursions and water sport activities. Just remember to bring the sunscreen!!!
KASA looks forward to meeting all the teams traveling to our city, especially those who have never experienced summer in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. It should prove to be a great weekend for all. See you in August!!
Our hosting committee is working at finalizing events and the overall organization of the tournament in the months to come.
Please feel free to reach out directly to us, your hosts at SPN British Columbia, our contact information is:
Jay Tourangeau, Regional Director & Lorri McAuley, Regional Administrator
Be sure to check out our Facebook Event Page for updates that occur leading up to the August long weekend championship tournament.
SANDMAN HOTEL KELOWNA
Group Name: Slo-Pitch Nationals 2019
Group Number: 579429
Room types and rates
Single queen bedded room (Atrium Building): $178.00
Double queen bedded room (Atrium Building): $188.00
King room (Tower Building): $198.00
King Suite (Tower Building): $208.00
SANDMAN HOTEL & SUITES KELOWNA
2130 Harvey Avenue | Kelowna, BC | V1Y 6G8
D: 250 980 3151 | P: 250 860 6409 | F: 250 860 7377
FULLY CONTAINED RV'S ONLY
(WE DO NOT HAVE ELECTRICITY, WATER OR SANI-HOOK UP)
Note: This is a special RV parking area put together to accommodate SPN Nationals
Location: Kelowna Mission Sport fields
Turn Left off Gordon Ave onto Lexington Drive
*RV park will be located on your Right hand side
COST: $ 35 per night per unit. 4 Adults included $5 per person over and above the 4 adults, per night. If paid up front, by cash or check accepted OR if paid at check in, prior to setting up on your lot, payment accepted by Cash only.
RESERVATIONS: Please contact Glenn Sargeant by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reviews the site plan attached and pick your lot (subject to availability).
CAMP CO-ORDINATORS are:
Glenn Sargeant - Glenn can be reached at 250.215.2880
Neil Jensen – Neil can be reached at 250.215.3532
CAMP RULES : In order for Kelowna Mission Sport fields RV camping area to be a safe, secure and fun environment for everyone, we ask all campers to please abide by the
1. Be extremely nice to the camp coordinators! Note, we do not have a complaints department, but we have a lovely "feedback department" consisting of a lawn chair and a cold drink. In the Okanagan Valley, there are only happy people who love life. If you are here, please do your best to adopt this practise. None of us do this full time and we commit to do our best to ensure your stay is comfortable however the women Camp Co-ordinators can get crabby If pushed... just a little heads up :).
We are all members of the Kelowna Adult Softball Association and as such, want to ensure you have a great time, while still respecting the guidelines of the RV camping site, for the benefit of all. Note, we are also all players or coaches..... We will get to you the minute we can.
2. All campers try to check in prior to Tournament Start
3. Check out for campers is Directly after Tournament ends
4. ATV's and dirt bikes are not permitted in the park.
5. Illegal Drugs: Please just don’t go there. The camp does not allow the use or sale of illegal drugs on the property.
6. Alcohol: Please keep any alcohol within the camping area. There is a fabulous beer gardens within walking distance, please do support us :) Consumption of alcohol to the point of physical or mental impairment is not permitted in public campground areas.
7. Please be courteous to the other campers.
8. Public Conduct: Respecting the sensibilities of all campers, overt sexual activity is not permitted in the public areas of the campground (unless the Camp Coordinator get to be involved of course :)...kidding!!
9. Sorry no campfires...this is the Okanagan and we’ve had some problems with fires before!!
10. Please keep your campsite clean and tidy. Garbage are available, please use them.
11. Music & Noise: Out of courtesy to other campers, no loud music or activity between 11:00 pm and 8:00 am.
12. No pets (sorry, I love them but they poop and bark)
13. Cans and Paper: Recycling bins are located within the park. Please use them. Littering is not permitted.
14. Glass: please do your best to keep all glass in your RV.
15. Other Waste: We encourage all campers to take their garbage with them when they leave.
16. Gray Water: This is the water from doing dishes, etc. Please don't dispose of it on the ground. Please dump your waste water at the RV dump station.
17. Anyone causing a disturbance, behaving in a belligerent manner or using foul language will be asked to leave the campground.
18. All CAMPERS must register and pay upon arrival.
19. No fireworks or pyrotechnics are permitted in the park at any time.
20. Anyone who is in breach of the rules will be asked to leave the campground without refund. The campgrounds coordinators are nice folks however do reserve the right to terminate any agreements at any time for violation of the campground rules, with the removal of the RV from the park, without benefit, liability or refund.
21. Security guard will be on site from 8pm-8am daily from Thursday to Monday am. They rule the roost!
These rules may be modified from time to time at the discretion of the Campground Co-ordinators. All campers also agree to abide by all applicable municipal, provincial, or federal laws and regulations.
Addresses for Dumping Gray Water or Sani (poop) : Best to call ahead and confirm what they accept and how much $
-Canadian Tire Store
• 1655 Leckie Road Kelowna BC
• Hwy. 97 and Leckie Road
-Husky Wash Zone Car / Truck & RV Wash
• 150 Edwards Road Kelowna BC
• Hwy. 97 North & Edwards Road
• 3491 Sexsmith Road Kelowna BC
• Hwy. 97 North & Sexsmith Road (Old Vernon Road)
-Shell Service Station
• Hwy. 33 West & Gerstmar Road; 5 blocks East of Hwy. 97 North
-Chevron Service Station
• 2499 South Hwy. 97 West Kelowna BC North
• 2551 South Hwy. 97 West Kelowna BC Hwy. 97 North